Guide to Cleaning Different Types Of Home Blinds – Everyone knows that window blinds are effective at blocking out unwanted sunlight and extensive heat. However, the downside is they gather dust and maybe even a few spillages. Fortunately, you do not have to panic since a simple maintenance and cleaning plan will make your drapes,
Venetians, verticals, or Romans look great and function well. Determining the correct cleaning procedures and materials to utilize for your particular kind of home window blind is vital in keeping its visual appeal and functioning. You will not want to implement a technique that might seriously impact or wear away the curtains that also, sadly, has become a common issue for several other householders.
Therefore, in this article, I will instruct you on the proper process of cleaning different types of roller blinds for you to achieve the inviting ambiance of your home. Read on – Guide to Cleaning Different Types Of Home Blinds:
Cleaning Different Types Of Home Blinds
Whenever the shutters are lifted, the cloth protecting the slats forms pleats. Their underlying process is consistent over a wide range of material kinds. Roman blinds get debris and dirt like any other upholstered and cloth piece of furniture. Your beautiful roman blinds will retain their pristine appearance with only a little bit of effort and frequent maintenance.
The following is a comprehensive tutorial for adequately cleaning your roman blinds.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of your blinds requires removing them from their high mountings.
- Bring the blinds out and lay flat by unfolding them.
- You should vacuum your fabric from the top down. Once your roman blinds are hung in your window, Using a handheld vacuum cleaner works best. At the same time, the conventional vacuum is more practical only when your blinds are lying flat on the ground.
- Consider spending extra time sweeping the upper and bottom border of your blinds since dust likes to build around these spots.
- Spot treat stains on your blinds with a gentle dishwashing liquid, water, and a clean white cotton towel. Effectively massage the stains lightly with a washcloth soaked inside the effective cleaning agent before washing it off with a new white clean cloth.
Among the most popular and widely used materials for Venetian blinds are PVCs, aluminum, and hardwood. Fortunately, unless you want to polish that material after washing them thoroughly, most varieties of Venetian blinds don’t need specific cleaning agents. A manufacturer or specific product polish is suggested in such a situation.
Below is a guide on maintaining the cleanliness of your Venetian blinds properly.
- The blinds should be closed with the slats lying flat. Try to leave those Venetian blinds when they need a quick dusting or cleaning.
- If there is irritating dust or grime, try using a moist microfiber cloth to clean it off. First, you will want to begin at its top and work your way down side – to – side till you reach its bottom part.
- Spritz some glass cleaner onto a clean microfiber towel and wash the surface off. Wipe the stained area carefully until those stains or patch is removed (apply more glass cleaner if you need).
- When your Venetian blinds have built up a lot of grime throughout time, you’ll have to put extra effort into cleaning them thoroughly. Put them down from your window and lay them straight flat on the clean tiled floor of your bathroom.
- Create a warm soapy solution by combining liquid soaps with clean water.
- Spray those Venetian blinds using water, and then use a soft-bristled brush and scrubbing solutions to give them a little scrubbing.
- It would be best to wash those slats and perhaps do it again.
- When you are done cleaning, use a fresh, lint-free cloth to wipe off every blind slat.
Since roller blinds do not have any creases or wrinkles, they have a very smooth and consistent look, which is quickly marred by debris and filth. When you are tired of being engulfed in a room full of dust clouds every time you open your roller blinds, you may use this cleaning process shown below to get them back to a spotless, clean, and dust-free state.
- Unlike your roman blinds, these roller blinds do not have slats or boards on their back, so they may be washed using a cleaning agent to revitalize their color and material. A gentle mixture of solution and water at room temp and liquid soap is recommended. Based on your blind’s material, you may need to research the proper cleaning directions and indicators for your roller blinds.
- Before soaking your roller blinds, gently vacuum both sides of the cloth to eliminate every dust and grime.
- Put your roller blinds inside the cleaning agent within one hour, if somehow the care instructions are allowed. Avoid crushing; swirl the liquid and material to dissolve and remove every dirt. After 60 mins, you may see that the liquid has gotten soiled or discolored, which is a sign that your deep cleaning process is effective.
- Remove your blinds, then put them lying flat on the ground of your clean bathroom. Use a brush and sponges with gentle bristles to lightly clean the cloth. Using a much stronger cleaning agent created with water plus liquid washing detergents, spot-clean tough stains or grime.
- Just run water over your roller blinds to get rid of the cleaning solution. Rinse until that water becomes clearer (i.e., when the water is not that soapy).
- You may dry that cleaned roller blinds by hanging them up or draping them over clothing racks. Before rolling up those blinds, ensure they are entirely dried to avoid retaining any moisture.
Vertical and Panel Glide Blinds
There is not much of a difference between maintaining horizontal and vertical blinds. It is a bit more work cleaning the vertical blinds because of their length, but the best approach is different for each type. These are mainly available in 2 materials which are PVC and cloth kinds.
- Consider a gentle brushing accessory to attach to your vacuuming tool to remove dust from your beautiful vertical blinds. Check the front and rear of each slat.
- Utilized a moist, warm towel and maybe some dish detergent or soap for a more thorough cleaning result and to eliminate any stains. Clean every slat carefully from its top down to the bottom; you might require a stepladder to just reach some of the higher spots.
Guide to Cleaning Different Types Of Home Blinds – Conclusion
Regardless of what kind of blinds you own in your house, one should now understand and know how to clean them effectively. But also remember that having a replacement is also an option since some blinds may become significantly ruined or soiled, making cleaning them impossible in some instances.